Well lovelies, this jacket is finally complete! And just in time for summer. ;P
The pattern is Vogue pattern V1068. After the initial mock up, I had to raise the waist up a good 1 1/4 inch, and therefore had to increase the hip width a 1/4 inch.
Final mock up complete!
The shell coming together rather nicely! The fabric is an Italian twill I found at Mood Fabrics.
Got the collar on without a hitch, what a relief! That usually doesn’t happen so easily the first time around.
Next step is the lining.
Love the red and blue paisley combo!
The one hiccup I did run into was attaching the lining to the bottom edge of the jacket. The way the instructions told me to attach the lining made it nearly impossible to under stitch and make a clean edge. So my mom suggested adding some red ribbon to the edge to provide more ease in the lining. I also went ahead and added some shoulder pads to give the jacket a more structured look.
The final touch was the vintage buttons I found at Fabrics that Go.
Thank you Mood!
My lovely coworker Julie took this pic for me, you can see her in the bottom right. 🙂